Christian Husbands and Fathers

We want to be strong husbands and fathers who represent God's Father-heart in our families, our churches, and our communities.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tell Me a Truth that Makes Me Sad

My dear four-year-old daughter,

You didn't want to admit what you did this morning, so you told me a lie. I wish you could understand how awful a lie really is. When you blamed your older sister for breaking it, and told me that lie several times, it broke my heart. I'm not angry that something is broken, but I'm angry at the lie you told me over and over, even when I invited you to tell me the truth.

I would rather you tell me a truth that makes me sad than a lie that makes me mad.

God doesn't like it when we lie. He calls that sin. We want to be people who tell the truth always. Please tell me the truth.

No matter what, I will always, always love you. And that is the truth.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment